Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Fabio Capello:"We failed to materialise our chances"




2-1









The Madridista coach shared his post-mat
ch impressions with the media present in the Allianz Arena press room. During his press conference, Fabio Capello recognised that the situation is far from good and that the team had made mistakes. However, he was convinced that he could pull the team through this bad patch to win the League title.

“I changed the system because it was an important game, but the whole scenery changed ten seconds into the match. I thought it was a sensible solution, but all my plans came crumbling down less than one minute into the match. I thought we would press up ahead, not allowing them to step near the danger zone. I had not time to regret it because everything changed after 13 seconds. That is why Guti came in later on.”

“I had to look at the big picture because it is true that a draw saw us through, but first I wanted to see how the team was coping. When I saw that the game did not improve, I decided to put Guti in. He had been warming up since Makaay's goal.”


“Roberto is an experienced player and he was not at his best in that specific play. I think we gave away two gifts of goals during this tie and they have proved decisive: Van Bommel's second at the Bernabéu and Makaay's first today. Conceding a goal in this manner is beyond belief; even more so if we consider that the ball was ours from the start. We had many opportunities, but we failed to score. There was an offside called on Torres which was completely unfair and the referee disallowed one of our goals, but I think that the most relevant thing is that we gave too many things away.”

“I think the team performed well, but we were unlucky. We should have scored more given the many chances we had. We did certain things wrong, but that's the way games are. Anything can happen and today we were, simply put, unlucky.”

“The results are not good, there's no hiding that fact. I feel committed to the task at hand and I think the team could make the end of the season with serious chances of winning the League. Sometimes we lacked a bit of luck, although that is not an excuse. We need to think of winning and of playing a good game on Saturday.”

Realmadrid.com
Photos By:AP/AFP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home