Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Higuaín to AS:"I hope this is the first of many goals for me with this shirt"


Higuaín tallied his first goal as a Madridista thanks to a great pass from Cassano when his team was losing the derby. A special srtike, no doubt, also because it was scored at the Vicente Calderón and because it earned Real Madrid one point after much suffering. Pipita -as Higuaín is popularly nicknamed- gave an interview to newspaper Diario AS in which he talked about how he felt after scoring his first goal with the Whites at the Calderón.

Things always look clearer after a few hours. How would you describe scoring your first goal as a Madridista in the classic Madrid derby?
I'm very happy with having scored my first goal as a Real Madrid player in such an important match.
Two weeks ago, you said that you had to remain calm despite the fact that you still hadn't scored any goals and that fans were getting a bit restless...
I didn't despair despite people's impatience. That was the best thing to do. My goal eventually came in an important game. Every goal is special to me, but I know this one is even more important because it was scored in a derby.

Your celebration was an outburst of joy. You screamed so passionately!
Yes, it was an outburst of joy. The goal made me very happy because of when and where it was scored.
You can't complain about Cassano's pass after he dribbled past the entire Atletico defensive wall...
His cross was excellent. I took advantage of being unmarked and faced Leo Franco one-on-one and managed to score the equaliser.

You and Cassano formed a good partnership on the pitch.
Antonio saw I was unmarked and crossed the ball to me past Atletico's lines. We understand each other very well.


Didn't you consider dribbling past Leo Franco before shooting on goal?
No, I didn't because I tried to do that in other games and failed to score, so I decided to take the shot and it worked.

People say that once you score the first goal, you score one goal after another...
I'm very happy and I hope this is the first of many goals for me with this shirt. It was my reward for not despairing.

What did you think about the Calderón?
It's a beautiful stadium. We played a good game and earned an important draw.

Many expect you to make fans forget about Ronaldo, but that is a very difficult task...
I honestly try not to think about that. I'm young and still have a lot to learn. Scoring many goals at Real Madrid is all I want to do.

What did your teammates say to you?
They were very nice. Everyone congratulated me, but I know I wouldn't have been able to score if it hadn't been for them. My friends and family were also happy for me..

How do you think referee Daudén Ibáñez performed? He didn't allow a fair goal by Perea and failed to award Atletico a penalty when Emerson tackled Agüero in the box.
I never talk about referees, not even when they do things well.

Realmadrid.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home