Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Roberto Carlos : "I’m Leaving Real Madrid "


Real Madrid defender Roberto Carlos has announced that he is to end an 11-year association with the Merengues.

The Brazilian star will now embark on a fresh challenge after deciding not to renew his contract this summer

He told Marca: "I'm not going to renew my contract. I think the moment has come for me to put an end to my time at the club and leave them to start a new project.

"I'm sure about it. My time at Real Madrid has ended. After three years without winning anything I had to take a decision.

"I don't know whether I will continue in Europe or maybe I need to be back in Brazil close to my family."

He added: "My departure will help the youngsters like Marcelo and Miguel Torres.

"They are the future and have to be given a chance to develop. I have to look for motivation in another team, another country, another place."

The 33-year-old former Inter star has won three European Cups, three La Liga titles and two World Club Cups during his time at the Bernabeu.

By:Goal.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home