Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Fabio Capello: "We stayed calm and played very well"


Fabio Capello was satisfied with the match. He highlighted his team's efforts, particularly after they were down to ten men due to an "unfair" refereeing decision. "I'm very satisfied," he said, "We stayed calm and played very well."

"As we were unfairly left with ten men, it was only natural for us to suffer in the second half. Cannavaro hit the ball with his head. I'm very satisfied with the team's work. We played quality football while keeping calm. I liked our performance throughout the entire match. We had more chances than they did in the first half."

"We will appeal the referee's decision to send Cannavaro off. Fabio should win FIFA World Player as he was the best in the World Cup. Nevertheless, he's bound to be criticised again."

"Espanyol are a great team that hadn't lost since Matchday 4. They are a tough team to defeat. I have twenty men on my squad and I line up those players I think are better suited for each game."


Report Cristina Monge
Photography by David R. Anchuelo
Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home