Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Players' reactions to the draw:"Bayern Munich are a complicated rival, but we'll win by playing our best football"

The players talked all morning amongst themselves about the Champions League draw. During training, the squad kept thinking about who their next European rivals would be. When they learned they would be facing Bayern Munich, some of them shared their impressions with the press at the end of this morning's session.


CANNAVARO
"They are a very experienced team and they're used to winning. I hope we impose our quality against them. I'm happy with the draw because every time I've played against them I've always won, except for a game when I was at Inter Milan which we lost 3-1. Nevertheless, everything changes now that I'm at Real Madrid. We are going to fight for victory in order to get through to the quarterfinals."

BECKHAM
"I'm happy with the draw. It will be a tough match, but I'm satisfied nevertheless. It will be a special game for me because it will make me remember the Champions League final I won against them when I was at United. I have a good feeling about this."


ROBINHO
"They are a great team with great players, but that won't stop us and we will fight hard to win the competition. Bayern aren't in great shape right now, so we hope they don't get any better and that we keep improving in order to win easily. It will be a tough match, but we will be ready for it when it comes. We don't really care who and where we have to play."

ROBERTO CARLOS
"We know them well and we always suffer against them, but we can win and we will use the first match at the Bernabéu to try to settle the round. We have weaponry enough to gain a victory; we are Real Madrid after all, which is always a strong asset. This is our competition. I know their stadium well and it brings back great memories. Both games will be complicated, but I'm convinced of this being a great year for us because we are concentrated and ready to win it all. We all had our favourite choice of opponent. I personally preferred to play against Liverpool, but in the end it doesn't really matter who we face. We have to go through to quarterfinals playing our best football."


Report by Cristina Monge
Photography by David R. Anchuelo
Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home