Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Friday, December 22, 2006

Fabio Capello:"We have to look ahead"


Following Wednesday's match between Real Madrid and Recreativo Huelva at the Santiago Bernabéu, Fabio Capello appeared before the press to analyse the match.

How would you assess the match?
There are no answer for the way we player. Yesterday I told my players that a game prior to vacation is always dangerous. And that's what happened. This team didn't at all resemble the team that defeated Espanyol on Sunday. They played well and deserved to win. We have to look ahead.

Would you call this an accident?
I think were were invisible out there. There's no way this can be a team. Something happened, but we have to forget about losing and think about our next match. I don't know what happened. Toni Grande and I were talking on the bench and didn't know what to do. We had to change the entire eleven. It wasn't possible.

Did it resemble the same attitude the team had against Getafe?
Much worse than the Getafe match.

Were you in favour of playing this match?
It was a tough situation. They decided to play, so that can't be an excuse.

Did you have any say in the decision?
They asked me what I thought, and I told the League and FA that it was their decision. I didn't want to play tomorrow.


Is this defeat a big step backwards?
It's unexplainable. We lack heart, strength, and quality. This same thing can't happen to another 14 players. Something was going on in their heads. It wasn't a question of the style of play, it was all in our heads.

Will the new signing help improve the situation?
We're talking about who we have here now.

What happened
I don't know. I am not mad at anyone. It was a team thing. We'll discuss it tomorrow in training.

The four matches Van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo have played together have resulted in losses.
I don't think today was a matter of whether or not Ronaldo and Van Nistelrooy can play together. Neither played well today and missed several easy passes. They received no long deliveries.

How do you feel?
I have a lot running through my mind and am analysing things. I told the players one thing: to control their weight during vacation and Merry Christmas. When a team plays like they did today, we have to assess the situation and speak about it calm manner

When was the last time you lost 3-0?
I don't remember.

Are Diarra and Cassano being punished?
They didn't train on Monday or Tuesday. They were punished. That's not me. They were both niggled.


Report by Álvaro Velasco
Photos by Ángel Martínez
Translation by Matthew Goltz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home