Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Capello post-match presser: "Visiting teams at the Bernabéu always insist on defending"

Fabio Capello gave a press conference after the match. He talked about his players, he gave his opinion on the referee's performance and said that his team have to concentrate on Tuesday's Champions League match against Bayern Munich.
Did you prefer your team in the first or in the second half?
We did some good things in the first 45 minutes. I didn't initially lineup Raúl because I wanted him to be fresh on Tuesday, but we needed him in the second half. Betis had two clear chances in the second half.

You have only scored one goal in the last four games at home.
Teams that come here always insist on defending hoping to counterattack. We are having some trouble with this.

Ronaldo scored two goals in Italy today.
In a different competition.

Are you thinking about resigning?
I think we are moving on. This happens every time we don't win at home. We are doing a great season as a visiting team. I only think about Tuesday's match.

Who is responsible for the result?
We are all responsible for both good and bad results.

Do you think the referre hasn't helped much?
Referees haven't helped us much this year. I think Beckham shouldn't have been sent off for the tackle. I saw it on TV and I don't think it was that serious. Referees never help us when we play at home.

Do you think you can eliminate Bayern Munich?
We are excited about doing so.

Did you replace Gago for Medical reasons?
I replaced him because he was already booked.


What do you think about the crowd's whistles towards Emerson?
I don't understand why they whistle at him. Every player needs to be cheered on and I don't know why they are fixated on booing at him. He is a quality international player and they start whistling as soon as he touches the ball...

Why did you bring Marcelo on for Ramos?
I needed a player down the left that could reach the goal.

Could you say something positive to the fans?
We hope to do many great things this season.

Is it harder to score goals in Spain than in Italy?
I think the hardest football is played in Spain and in England. They have the best leagues.

Do you congratulate Ronaldo for his game today?
Of course, he is a great player. He decided to leave.

You have been using older players in your most recent lineups.
I configure the lineup depending on the game and on who is in better shape. I don't decide on personalities. We will play on Tuesday and on Sunday, so everybody will have a chance to play.


Realmadrid.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home