Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Monday, September 25, 2006

Reyes on the offensive:"I just want to play, no matter what the position"


Real Madrid's José Antonio Reyes was the special guest on El día del fútbol, a show on Spanish television's Canal + hosted by Nacho Aranda. The Real Madrid player analysed Saturday's match against Betis, assured viewers that he is very happy at Real Madrid, and reiterated his desire to play on Capello's team "no matter what the position."

Match evaluation
The Ruiz de Lopera Stadium is a hard place to play in, but people like to play there. Things turned out well, we won, and, on a personal note, I felt good. I had a clear chance of scoring, but Doblas did a great job. I really wanted to score in that stadium, but it wasn't meant to be. We had several opportunities at the start of the second half, but we couldn't finish. Betis spent the 45 minutes on their half of the pitch, and that's not what their fans want.

I just wanted to play. I didn't care if it was in attack, on the left, or wherever. Despite what I may have thought at first, I am feeling quite comfortable playing along the right wing.

I don't have to prove anything. I have already said it and I will continue to do so. I proved myself at Sevilla and then in England.

Leaders
The way the team played instills confidence. Being at the top of the table or in the third spot doesn't matter at this stage. What we're interested in is finishing the season like this.


Capello
He is a serious coach and his personality is very good for this team. We are able to talk to him, and that's very important.

Cicinho's injury
He knew right away that it was serious. I was about one metre away, and he complained a lot when the doctor touched his knee. What a shame.

Guti
He is a player that should always play for Madrid.

Teams to beat
There are more rivals than just Barcelona. There is also Valencia and Sevilla, who are having greats starts to the season.

Adjusted to Madrid
I've adjusted very fast. I'm very comfortable here. I'm living where I want to live and playing where I want to play. I will never forget the day I was presented. It was unforgettable.


Report by Laura Osorio
Photos by Realmadrid.com
Translation by Matthew Goltz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home