Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Monday, January 15, 2007

Capello and Mijatovic praise team work after game: "It was an exemplary match"



After Real Madrid's victory face Real Zaragoza, Fabio Capello and Pedja Mijatovic spoke to the media. Both praised the working commitment of all players and they both coincided when they stated that the attitude shown tonight is the ideal one, the one that will drive Real Madrid down the path of trophies and honours.

Fabio Capello:
“The team showed a great attitude. We had many-a-chance to kill off the game but we didn't take advantage of these opportunities. Still, we are very happy with the development of the match.”

“As regards Beckham, I think that if the player has already signed a contract, it's not right for him to be another player within the squad. This is not only my call, but a decision jointly taken with the Club. In any event, what's important is that today we finish in second position of the League table. We are at a par with Barcelona and we have capitalised on our rival's errors for the first time in this campaign. I think that's tremendously positive.”


“Regarding a gesture I had with a few fans, first and foremostly, I want to excuse my behaviour. Two people were reprimanding me and they have taken it one step too far. I want to excuse myself again because the coach of Real Madrid cannot do this sort of things. These people have insulted me. They are the same ones that did likewise ten years ago, but I should not do what I did tonight.”





Pedja Mijatovic:
“We are very happy because the team showed character and personality out there. They fought and had many scoring chances. After this matchday's results, it was important to grab the three points. Moreover, we played a great game. We will continue fighting and expect to win trophies. We have to work as one, salvaging the situation that we are going through. I think that this attitude will ensure that the better times are just around the corner. The championship is really tight and we have to take advantage of our opponents' mistakes to stay on top.”

“Much has been said over the last few days. The coach took a decision and I respect it. I think it is logical for a player who has signed a contract with another team to have very limited chances of playing, especially if we take into account that we have many young players who are dying to prove themselves.”

Report by Cristina Monge, Juan José López & Carlos Cristóbal
Photos by Ángel Martínez & David R. Anchuelo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home