Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fabio Capello: "It will be a complicated match"


Fabio Capello gave his customary press conference after this morning's training, prior to tomorrow's League match. The spotlight hasn't been on Real Madrid this week thanks to the Eto'o controversy at FC Barcelona. The Italian coach expects tomorrow's game against Betis to be different from the previous three during this season, but like the others, he thinks it will prove "complicated."

It's been a relaxed week thanks to the Eto'o controversy.
We have hardly made the covers of the newspapers this week. I don't want to talk about what happens at Barcelona. I've had many problems here so far.

The press has published that if you don't win any titles this season you will leave the Club.
I haven't read anything, but I hear you. I have to finish the year and later think about everything else.

What would you have done with Eto'o?
A similar thing happened to me with one of my players. Footballers sometimes react this way. They all do things in their own way. This happened to me with Panucci and we sorted things out between us. I think Rijkaard will do the same.

How much is at stake for Real Madrid in the next few months?
The next two months are important because we will play some very important matches.

Do you have faith in Robinho?
I do and figures show this. He played 90 minutes in five of the past six games, playing 76 in the other. I think the fact that I have lined him up five games in a row obviously shows that I have faith in him. I also have a large squad and I feel the need to rotate the team.

Cannavaro and Diarra have publicly asked you to forgive Cassano.
Cassano is training with the whole squad and will make his return when he is in good shape, like Beckham. He's getting there. By good shape I mean both physical and psychological.

This is the first time I hear you say you may leave at the end of the season.
I always say I do my job well but that we have to wait for results to see what will happen. It will depend on the trust the Club have in me, but we need time to go by in order to see what will happen.

What medicine would make you be more regular?
We have always failed whenever we've had a shot at the first position, especially at home. We always have trouble playing against teams that defend well and surprise us on the counter. We have also been unlucky. The game against Levante could have taken a bit of the load off our shoulders. But these things happen in football. I am no doctor, so I can't say what medicine we need to take, but we'll try to figure something out.

Do you feel this game is like an test after the protests at the Bernabéu two weeks ago?
We are put to the test every three or four days, with every game we play.

Will you line up Beckham out of conviction or out of obligation?
No one has ever forced me to do anyhting. I am a free man that makes up his own mind about things.

Isn't it detrimental to use so many different players in the midfield?
Gago is playing more now. They are all professionals who know what has to be done. Changes happen in every team. I don't see why we must have the same players in the midfield all the time.

Who will you line up against Bayern Munich?
I don't know. Marcelo has made tomorrow's squad list, which is good news.

What is the atmosphere in the team like now that Beckham is back?
Very positive. I see this in the effort everyone makes during training.

Are you going to rotate the team?
I have been doing so lately because of injuries. I don't know if I will line up the same team as in last week's match at Anoeta Stadium. I have several ideas. We'll see.

Why do you find it so hard to win at the Bernabéu?
It is easier to score if you attack down the wings and that is what we have to do in the Bernabéu.
What will the team have to do to avoid the result you earned in the second leg of the King's Cup Last 16 against Betis?
We were eliminated because they drew at the Bernabéu, but we won in the first half of the League, in the match at their home pitch. The League is different to the King's Cup. I'm sure we will face a very different Betis. I've seen their past few games. They are a very tight team with some very good players. It will be a complicated match.

Do you think Beckham should return to the English national team?
I hope he does. He has always been a true professional. It is up to the England coach to call him back. I think Beckham can do good things for them.


Report by Luis Navarro
Photography by David R. Anchuelo

Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home