Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Fabio Capello press conference:"My men are excited because they know they can win the League"

Fabio Capello considers tomorrow's game against Recreativo to be "another final." He doesn't want euphoria to take control of his team, but he understands his men's excitement. The Italian coach is worried about Emerson's absence and the possibility of not being able to have Gago on the pitch tomorrow.

Is Emerson's injury a major setback?
It's a problem because he has been playing well lately and we are about to face a quality team. Gago's in the squad list, but we are not sure if he will be fit enough to play the game. We'll decide what to do tomorrow.

Is it an advantage to play before Barcelona?
I don't care about playing before or after. Every game is a final for us and we don't think about what others may do.

Does the fact that the four main contenders to the title play away from home make this a special matchday?
I think it will be hard for all of us, especially now that the point situation is tighter than ever. We are all going to face good teams away from home.

Will you make changes in defence?
I haven't decided anything yet. I will tomorrow.

What worries you the most about Recreativo?
They are a very fast team and they are excellent at counterattacking. They play a very dangerous vertical game. They only shot on goal three or four times against us at the Bernabéu and scored three goals. We must be solid in defence.
Guti's had some niggles and didn't play too well against Espanyol. Have you lost faith in him?Guti has always had great drive when he comes on as a substitute player. He was a starter last week, but he was slightly niggled. He can be a starter any time. A coach with Guti on his squad should count himself lucky.

What do you think about the comments made by some Atletico fans saying they want their team to lose against Barcelona?
I doubt the players feel that way.

Are you worried about the state of euphoria of your squad?
I've addressed that issue this week during training. It's logical to feel that way if you lead the table, but it is my job to calm them down. My men are excited because they know they can win the League.

Raúl recently said you are to blame for the good moment the team is going through...
Then, I'm happy to be blamed.

Will you coach the team next season?
I'm not worried about that right now. The important thing for me is to work with my players, my coaching staff and Pedja Mijatovic. The President will decide what to do. I currently only think about tomorrow's game.

Report by Juan José López Soto
Photography by Daniel Sastre
/AS.com
Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home