Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Metzelder: I Deserve A Big Move


Christoph Metzelder has explained his decision to leave Borussia Dortmund and join Real Madrid, although he has yet to state publicly that it will be the Spanish giants that he is moving to.

The German international defender reportedly signed for los Merengues in early May, but neither Madrid or Borussia have made the transfer official.

Despite that, Metzelder played his last game for the Bundesliga outfit in the local derby against Schalke 04 at the weekend and is now relishing the prospect of playing abroad.

"The time I have spent with Dortmund I will never forget, but now the moment has arrived for me try to another country and to measure myself after different players," he said.

"If a club of this magnitude wants you then there is very little to think about. It was time for me to join a club like this.

"The decision to leave was taken in February.

"But the date when I will officially sign for the new club will be announced by them."


Metzelder believes that he should not be criticised to looking to play at an even higher level and thinks that his performances for Borussia have earned him the move to Madrid.


"I am 26 and have been for seven of them and I think I have earned the right to make a move like this," he continued.

"Borussia will always be in my heart and I will come back as a supporter and maybe, one day, as a player.

"It was a very emotional time on Saturday as I said goodbye to the Westfalen Stadion, but the hardest time is yet to come.

"That will be at the end of my last training session here and I have to empty my locker.

"I have won the German league here and I have become an international player."

By Goal.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home