Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Beckham wants to know what it feels like to win something with Real Madrid: "I need to win a title at this Club"


David Beckham says he "feels well" in Spain, but he admits not wanting to spend another season without winning a title. He hopes he can help the team win with his game. "I want to be a part of this team," said Beckham to DT magazine in an interview that will be published in December, "I obviously want Real Madrid to be successful, but I want to be an active part of that success. I don't want this season to end like the previous three, having won nothing. I need to win something with Real Madrid."

"My teammates have told me that it is incredible to win a League or a Champions League at this Club. I want to experience that too," said the 31 year-old player, "We must believe it is possible for us to win titles like the Champions League, although it will be complicated because there are very good teams in the European competition, but we are always one of the favourites. We have a great team that aspires to win."

His current condition as a substitute player doesn't make things easy for him, but he is nevertheless patient, despite being injured. "At the end of the day, I only think of playing every match. I am passionate about football. We all want to play, but we have to be patient and wait for our chance," said Beckham. When asked about the possibility of ending his career at Real Madrid, David answered, "For the moment, I'm happy playing football for Real Madrid, that is, when I do play. Ending my career in the US is a possibility for the future."


Beckham also recalled the reasons that made him sign for Real Madrid. "I wanted to leave England with my familiy. It's been an incredible experience, especially living the day to day with world class players like Zinedine Zidane. That was also one of the reasons that made me sign."

Misses playing for England
Beckham also misses his days as an England player, but it doesn't "worry" him that he might never play for them again. "I can still play for my country and I'd like to do so. But I won't get downhearted if I never go back because I've had a terrific run. I've played for England for 11 years, I was captain for six, and I've had 94 international caps. It's been a great honour, but I want more... I always want more."

Nevertheless, the English midfielder praises his fellow teammates on the national squad. They are playing very well. Results haven't been that great, but England have some of the best players in Europe and I'm sure they will soon be successful." Commenting on his form, Beckham said, "I was a faster player ten years ago, but I still feel well and fit, which in the end isn't that surprising because I work very hard."

Realmadrid.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home