Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Reyes to Realmadrid.com:"Let's hope we play our best against Valencia; it should be a match to enjoy"

Fabio Capello has counted on him in recent matches and José Antonio Reyes isn't wasting the opportunities he's been given. He wants to play as well as he' been doing so far in Mestalla because "playing against Valencia is always special for both the players and the crowd." He's going to travel to Valencia with a winning mentality: "We're going to win," he told RealmadridTV and Realmadrid.com.

You are gradually making it back to the starting 11. How do you feel about that?
I feel well. You feel better when you go back to being a starter. You play for more minutes and you get used to your position. I feel rather well.
You scored against Racing and took the corner for the first goal against Olympique Lyonnais. It seems you are using the opportunities Capello gives you very well.
I try to do my best in the minutes the coach allows me to play. The truth is, I played well the first match I was a starter in, after being benched for five. I managed to score against Racing and to cross the ball for that goal against Olympique. I can't complain. I'm using the minutes I play the best I can.
The competitiveness within the squad is even more obvious when players get these opportunities.
It's important to have it, not only for the matches themselves, but it's good for training too because we work even harder.


You are playing on both wings and you might even be positioned as centre midfielder now that Guti is injured, a position you've played in before.
I played as centre midfielder for both Sevilla and Arsenal on several occasions, so I wouldn't be surprised if I played there. I don't know what the coach is devising, but if he gives me the chance, I'll try and do it the best I can. Guti is an important member of the team. He is the playmaker, but now he's injured. We have to do what he did and even try to improve on it if we can.

This difficult week will end in one of the toughest stadiums in Spain for you.
It's an exciting match both for the players and the fans. It's one of those games every player likes to play and enjoy every moment of them.


It will be an intense match with a lot of pressure in the midfield. What's your stratergy?
We are expecting a tough match. The best matches are those which are hard to win. Let's hope we win. We are going to Mestalla with a winning mentality.

So, you will have to be even more of a team to beat Valencia?
No. We have to be as we've been so far. We are a team in every meaning of the word. We are playing well and are more organised in each game. To beat Valencia we have to keep the winning mentality we have right now.

Both teams have injured players, and if you beat them you will be eight points ahead of them.
It would be an advantage for us to leave them so far behind in points.


If you win, this will be your third consecutive victory in the League this season. Do you think now is one of the most important moments of the championship?
It's one of the toughest becasue we have to face Valencia, Bilbao and Sevilla. We have complicated matches before Christmas, and if we win, we will have taken a very important step to being at the very top of the table.

When will we see the best possible Real Madrid?
I hope against Valencia. The sooner the better for all of us.

And the best Reyes?
In Valencia, I hope.

You've been living in Madrid for more than two months and you've adapted easily to the city.
I feel at home. I adapted immediately because it is drastically different to London. I didn't like living there.

The next away match is against Sevilla. That will be special for you, won't it?
It's the only really special match for me and the one I will enjoy the most.


Rreport by Luis Navarro
Photography by Ángel Martínez
Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home