Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ruud van Nistelrooy : "I have faith in the team and I think we'll do well in the second half of the season"







Ruud van Nistelrooy has scored ten goals so far in the Spanish League, but he wants to score many more in the second part of the championship. Van Nistelrooy said that he has a lot of faith in the team.

The team hasn't scored many goals lately.
Results are more important. We need to win more than ever after the games against Recreativo Huelva and Deportivo. Winning the last two League matches has made us regain our confidence.

Does the team need another striker?
I'm a player, not the President. It's not up to me to decide.

Are you aware of the absentee votes situation that the Club is involved in?
I don't understand these words. No matter how many Spanish classes I take, I will never understand them... I know nothing about it.

What do you think of David Beckham's situation?
This is a hard time for David, and for us too, because we want the best for our teammates. The most important thing for us to do is to move on and keep winning games. Beckham has proven to be a true professional throughout his career. He made his debut at the age of 17 with Manchester United, which means his professional career has lasted for 15 years. It's a great opportunity for him to go to the US. It was his own personal choice. He had many other offers from other Clubs, but he decided to go to the States.

Rumour has it that Cristiano Ronaldo may join Real Madrid next season. What do you think of him as a player?
He is a fantastic player. This season is his best so far at Manchester United. He's scoring many goals and he is playing very well. Despite his young age, he has a lot of experience, as he has played in a World Cup and in the European Championships. It will be up to Real Madrid and Manchester to see what happens. Every new teammate is welcome. I know for a fact that he is one of Alex Ferguson's favourite young players. It's also up to the player to decide. Ronaldo causes a great impression on people.

You face Villarreal this weekend. The fact that it's an away game benefits you, as you haven't been getting good results in the Bernabéu.
That changed in the match against Zaragoza. We played an excellent game and the crowd were amazingly supportive. I am convinced we are going to get much better results in the Bernabéu during the second half of the season.

Didn't you have major differences with Cristiano Ronaldo when you were in Manchester?
Nothing serious ever happened. The press simply made too much out of nothing.

Do you think the Spanish League is worse this season than in previous editions?
No. I think the League is very strong this year. Five teams are strong contenders for the top spot, which shows this is a very competitive and hard competition to play in. Any team can win.

Why have you refused to return to the Dutch national team?
I spoke to Van Basten when he came to Valdebebas. An official statement I made was published by the Dutch press. My concerns didn't have any thing to do with playing or not. I just wanted the coach to have confidence in me. As he couldn't provide that confidence, I declined joining Holland. Nevertheless, I could make my return if he changes his mind about certain issues.

Are you happy with your ten goals in the League?
I am, but I haven't scored in many games. I came here to score goals. Some matches have been harder for me than others. I have scored in very few games, but I intend to score more often in the second half. I prefer to score in more matches than scoring many more goals per clash, although, naturally, I wouldn't mind scoring a hat-trick.

On Saturday you will play against Diego Forlan, with whom you played on Manchester United.
He's a great friend of mine, but it is important for us to win on Saturday. I will get together with him before or after the match.

Are you scoring less goals because Capello demands more defensive work from you?
I don't think so. We formed a new team at the start of the season. The team has changed again with the latest signings. These new players are helping us win games. I have faith in this team.

What do you think of Ronaldo's imminent departure?
How can you be so sure about him leaving? As far as I know he's on this team and I have just finished training with him as always. He is a fantastic player and a great person. He is one of the best footballers in history. I will be very sad if he leaves.

The current situation leaves you alone in the attack.
It's important for the team to have more options. Robinho could also play as a striker, as well as Higuaín and Reyes. I hope Raúl gets better soon because he is a very important player for us. Guti and Roberto Carlos are also currently injured. The team's three captains are injured!

Do you understand why Ronaldo is leaving?
I'm not here to talk about that. It concerns the Club, not me. I've never had any problems with any of my teammates.


Report by Luis Navarro
Photography by David R. Anchuelo
Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell
Video By:Marca.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home