Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Friday, October 27, 2006

Capello fires warning shot: "Nastic will give it 110%; we have to remain focused"


As always, Fabio Capello held his customary press conference before a match and warned about the dangers of this meeting against Nastic. That said, he also expressed his confidence in the team, asserting, “They have trained very well this week, so I have all the confidence in my players.”

How are Salgado and Beckham?
Míchel is back and training with the rest of the squad. David could not train due to some knee and groin niggles.

Is it dangerous to play against a team that are new to the Primera Liga?
Well, there's that threat. My team might relax, but they have trained well and I have all the confidence in the world in their attitude.

Is it hard to motivate the players against a rival like Nastic?
They will give it 110%. We have to remain focused and play with intensity.

Ramón Calderón thinks that the team will reap an easy win in Tarragona.
You can never say that sor of thing in the world of football. It depends of so many things. In my experience, you can never relax and put your arms down.

Do you share the sense of euphoria that now surrounds the team?
Our aspiration is winning all contended titles. We are competitive. Then, there are the opponents, which also play... so we'll have to wait and see, but continuing down this path.


Barcelona are going through a crisis after you beat them.
This always happens when you are at the top and lose two games. I spoke to Rijkaard after the post-match press conference and told him they are a great team. You can win or lose; that's what football and sports are all about. This is not a war. He played for me; I was his trainer. I am happy with what he's doing in Barcelona. I am happy with other people's successes.

Why did you rest Emerson and not Diarra?
Emerson had sustained a blow and Diarra had no problems. That's it, really.

Diarra is playing closer to the defence lately.
Yes. Before it was Emerson and now it's Diarra. I don't really like this sort of discussion.

Emerson said in an interview that if Juve had not been relegated, he would still be there.
Where did he say that? I think it's better to wait. When I was in Italy many people came up to me saying, "In Spain they say..."


Is Beckham worried?
I liked his performance the other day a lot. I told him to come out with twenty minutes to go in the game but he didn't want to. He trains very hard and I like that. Now he's limping and he can't feature against Nastic. He can play as right winger but there are also other players in that position.

Will there be rotations against Nastic?
We will play with the best team, which is not to say that different people will have differing opinions in this respect.

Will the team be as hyped-up as against Barcelona?
We always have to play with the utmost ambition and exertiung ourselves to the fullest of our capacity. We have to be ready because they will play full on. It's the first time we play against them in La Liga. They're a fast team.

Are you aware that Beckham is thinking of leaving?
That's his and the Club's problem.


Report by Luis Navarro
Photos by David R. Anchuelo
Translation by Luis Orueta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home