Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Gonzalo Higuaín: "I still can't believe I've signed for Real Madrid"

He may be young, but he is overly prepared. Despite being 19 years old, Gonzalo Higuaín doesn't shrink at the thought of having to fight for a spot on Real Madrid's attacking front with important players such as Van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo. The Argentinian is sure of being able to convince Fabio Capello of his quality to earn a prominent spot on the team.

You can at last feel like a Real Madrid player.
Yes, but I still can't believe I've signed for the best Club in the world.

How was your first meeting with your new teammates?
We hardly met. I hardly had time to swap shirts with anybody, but I did manage to keep a shirt with my name on it.

What did Capello say to you?
Our talk wasn't long. He basically told me he will count on me as long as I work very hard. I'm going to give it my all so that I am part of his schemes and plans.

There's a lot of competition for the spot...
I know, but I'm not too worried. I don't feel a lesser player and I will fight hard with anybody for the spot. I wouldn't have joined this team if I didn't feel ready to do so.

Having Gago on the squad will no doubt help you along the way...
Of course. It's always good to have a fellow Argentinian on the team. He is also a great player. I've never met him, but every person I know who knows him speaks very highly of Gago.


Realmadrid.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home