Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Capello press conference: "Mallorca, like every opponent, will be extremely motivated to play"


Members of the press bombarded him with questions about Beckham and Ronaldo, but coach Fabio Capello insisted on only talking about the importance of Sunday's match against Mallorca. "We've reached the crucial part of the season," said the Italian boss, who also commented on being eliminated from the King's Cup on Thursday as well as the difficulties of drawing up the squad list for tomorrow. "We're very few," stated Capello.

Raúl's press conference
“I think Raúl hit upon all the important topics yesterday. It was a great talk, just as it should be coming from a captain.”

Possible reinforcements
“We're looking. We don't sign for the sake of signing. We look for good, talented players. It's easier said than done right now.”

Injuries
“We've had bad luck in terms of injuries. But I think we'll get a few players back pretty soon. I'm counting on this squad.”

Beckham and Ronaldo
“Beckham is injured. He didn't train today and is out. Ronaldo is still recovering. I still envision him wearing the Real Madrid shirt. Ronaldo has had some problems and is getting better. Raúl didn't ask me about them.”

“We have said that there may be some changes. We have to wait and see. The other day I said there was a possibilty, but it depends on several factors.”

“What's important is that tomorrow we have an important match. We've reached the crucial part of the season. We should be speaking about the game, not other things.”

“In Italy they say that a player needs to play in order to help. It's basically a joke. Those who don't play can't do any harm. The group is all that matters.”

“We have doctors and a medical staff. Beckham is niggled. He briefly took the pitch and then withdrew. I'm not a doctor, so I can't comment on his injury.”

A tough week
“There are always rough patches evrey season. We have to analyse the situation and take the necessary measures. It's happened to me before.”

“A lot has happened this last week. We hope it doesn't repeat itself. We need to work with clear heads. People need to be more careful.”

“I always sleep well. I'm lucky. My mind only starts working when I wake up. I sleep well at night.”

Mallorca
“They have improved drastically. The coach has really given the team direction. They beat Sevilla by playing a great game in a tough stadium. They also played well against Deportivo. It will be a tough match because our opponents always play their hearts out against us. They are a strong adversary.”

Fatigue
“We don't have a lot of time to recover. We've had light workouts lately. We haven't had fatigue issues yet, and I hope we never do.”

The referees
“What happened with the referees is just a coincidence. I trust them and the linesmen. But truth be told, they don't really call many penalties in our favour.”

Eliminated from the King's Cup
“Being eliminated is never fun. We really had higher expectations. What really counted was the applause from the fans. It meant a lot to us. But I never like losing, and that's why I'm not happy.”


Report by Santiago Siguero
Photos by Daniel Sastre
Translation by Matthew Goltz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home