Google
Web realmadrid-news.blogspot.com
www.realmadrid.com www.as.com

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Fabio Capello press conference:"The players trained spectacularly well today"


Real Madrid's coach praised his men's work during today's training session. "Psychologically speaking, the team is now better ," said Capello, who also described the meeting the players had with the President as "good and important."

What happened during the meeting the players had with the President?
It was a good and important meeting. They decided the team's captains should give a press conference on Friday.

How are the players feeling?
They're never happy when something bad happens. They trained spectacularly well today. I didn't know the President was coming.

Can everything that's happened affect the players' performance?
Every player is a true professional. We are better psychologically speaking thanks to our victory over Zaragoza.

What conclusions did you reach after the meeting?
The Club should answer that question. I'm here to talk about tomorrow's match against Betis, which will be hard. We hope to do well tomorrow.

What do you think about Ronaldo going to Milan?
I only picture him wearing Real Madrid's shirt. He will be a player on this team for as long as he remains here. Whenever you ask me about signings I tell you I will talk about them once they arrive. The same applies here. Ronaldo has been training well for two days. He is still training and he remains a Real Madrid player.

Has the present situation made you rethink any of your coaching decisions?
Things are different now. We still follow the same routine. You may think otherwise, but we never experience any problems while training. We'll have to wait until the end of the month to see how things work.

A year ago, Larsson said he would be leaving Barcelona and proved to be decisive for his team in the Champions League. Why is Beckham being left out?
We can't rule anything out. We'll have to see. Our original intention is to do what we said we would. We must be flexible at times.

You didn't know the President would be here today?
I didn't know. A Club employee told me this morning.

Is it possible for you to change your plans concerning Beckham?
Beckham is a great professional and he always works very hard and with excitement. I could change my mind at some point.

Why didn't you have lunch with the squad yesterday?
I never attend squad luncheons. They should only be attended by players. To each his own. I don't find the fact they all met for lunch surprising in any way.

What do you think about being fined?
I think it's perfect. Players get fined too. It's fair. I'm being fined monetarily.

Are you contemplating bringing Baptista back?
We are happy with Reyes and Arsenal are happy with Baptista.

Why isn't the President being fined for what he said?
I've been fined by the Board of Directors.

How is Emerson doing?
He got injured during Saturday's training session. Míchel had problems to come up with a Castilla squad list because we borrowed some of his players in the very last minute. I asked Emerson to be on the bench during the match anyway. The following day, the press said he got injured while on the bench. I must apologise to him. I forgot to explain his condition during the press conference, but then again, you only asked three questions about the match.

You would rather call up an injured Emerson over Beckham?
I stand by my decisions.



Report by Luis Navarro
Photography by David R. Anchuelo
Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home